Dissertation in Geography with Environmental Management
The dissertation provides you with the opportunity to undertake your own independent and original piece of research, drawing on the substantive intellectual themes covered in the Geography with Environmental Management programme. The aims of the dissertation are for you to develop:
- knowledge of a specific geographical topic, of relevance to the overall Geography with Environmental Management programme;
- an understanding of the challenges of empirical geographical research, and the ability to deal with practical research problems (eg, collecting, manipulating and analysing data);
- skills in designing a project and linking its subject-matter to other bodies of geographical knowledge;
- skills in dealing with the complex inter-relationships of real-world processes;
- transferable skills in inter-personal communication, data collection and analysis, report writing, and effective time management.