View and download a brochure
Over the last five years, Geography has welcomed undergraduate students from 30 countries.
- Top 50 in the world for Geography and Area Studies1
- 8th in the UK for world leading research in Geography and Environmental Studies2
- 9th in the UK for graduate level employment or further study3
- 88 per cent for Overall Satisfaction in the National Student Survey (2012)4
- Programmes available in Cornwall and Exeter
- Opportunities to study abroad
- Field study in the UK and overseas
- Excellent teaching and research facilities including a £3.7 million sediment research centre in Exeter and the £30 million Environment and Sustainability Institute in Cornwall
So many of the world's current issues – at a global scale and locally – boil down to geography, and need the geographers of the future to help us understand them.
Michael Palin, President of the Royal Geographical Society (with IBG)
Source: www.guardian.co.uk (opens in a new window)
- BA/BSc Geography
- BA Geography (also available with European Study)
- BSc Geography (also available with European Study)
- MSci/BSc Environmental Science
- BA Human Sciences (available from 2014)
- BA Geography and English
- BSc Geography with Geology (available from 2014)
- BA History and Geography
- BA Politics and Geography
Geography at the University of Exeter offers world class research and teaching at the interface of the social and natural sciences. Our programmes aim to develop your ability to better understand the world as well as the knowledge and skills to shape solutions for the future.
Through our programmes you’ll consider critical global issues and challenges of the 21st century which are likely to affect environments and societies in the coming years. You will encounter exciting fields of enquiry such as climate modelling, vegetation and rivers, satellite mapping, environmental change, climate change, biosecurity, heritage, landscape, health geographies and non-human geographies.
We help you develop a wide range of skills including specialised observation skills, critical judgements and empirical measurements, plus transferable skills which are highly sought after by employers. Ultimately, we aim to inspire in you an interest and enthusiasm in geography that will shape your life and career well beyond graduation.
We welcome enquiries regarding admissions and hope to make the process as easy as possible for you. Please contact:
Cornwall Campus admissions
Phone: +44 (0)1326 371801
Streatham Campus admissions
Tel +44 (0)1392 723855
I’m taught by highly experienced lecturers who are at the cutting edge of research in their fields, and this influence has developed my interests in particular areas. My programme allows me time to generate areas of interest for more specialised modules in years two and three.
The the range of learning styles that my programme uses is incredible, from lectures, tutorials and seminars to professional speakers and extensive field work.
Daniel Venton, Geography undergraduate, Cornwall Campus
1QS World University Rankings 2013
2 Research Assessment Exercise 2008 based on percentage of research classified as 4*
3 the percentage of Geography undergraduate students six months after graduation: Destination of Leavers from Higher Education Survey (DLHE) of 2010/11 graduates
4 88% of Geography students agreed they were satisfied